Thursday 23 February 2012

Even though many countries on this earth have got freedom on paper, many of us do not have energy freedom and still we depend on centralised electricity generating stations!

When I was a high school going child, sometimes my headmaster, Sri.Chadalavada Jagannadham(won best teacher award from President of India) used to call those students(whose class period could not be conducted due to leave/absence of a teacher) to sit under the cool shadow a tree near his room. During this period, if he was busy, he used to ask the leader of the class to manage the children and if he was free, he used to come and try his level best so as at least one of us understand/realise (by showing a Rickshaw Puller) on how he had been contributing taxes due to which we could afford decent education at an affordable price! I am not sure how many of his students really understood but that incident had been imprinted in my mind like anything from those days and when I started my career in 1997, since then I have been very deeply thinking how can I payback this Rickshaw Puller! 

Globalisation gave  me a nice slap by saying that it is not only that you can hardly see a  Rickshaw Puller on streets any more in cities, towns and villages, who are fighting on right to workRickshaw pullers win right to work Delhi streets but also you need to pay from your nose very heavily for your children's studies!!!

I am yet to realise my dream of bringing back this Rickshaw Puller in the form of Rickshaw Driver(whose Rickshaw runs on Electricity) in most parts of this planet. This is not impossible as I could see such transformation even in so-called less developing country "Bangladesh"Electric rickshaws in Rangpur with the help of Chinese(who have been thinking beyond communism and capitalism-I call it as sharing and caring(but no more 'isms' !)..Also look at the spirit of this tiny countrymen(of course India also has done some face saving work like..Now Solar Rickshaws on Delhi Roads) to use solar energy to run an electric rickshaw at Rickshaws That Run On Solar Power

During my in-depth investigation for this fate, I realised that some of us consuming excess energy is the route cause and unless and until, we ensure energy for all human beings, it is impossible to have a social balance in the society. Hence I started working in this direction and penning down a small book called "Journey Towards Energy for All"

By the way, I stopped blaming politicians any more as corporate has become the powerful institution like a Church/Mosque/Temple 

This is just the beginning of my journey and humbly request all like-minded human beings(including politicians) to support this initiative!

No comments:

Post a Comment